Thoughts ...

I received photos tonight from my friend Jan Stone's 60th birthday party on January 1. Her sweet hubby planned this great event as a surprise and pulled it off beautifully.

Jan and I met the third grade at Longview Elementary School in Memphis when I had gone to the restroom to pull a tooth. She came in and helped me, and we've been buds ever since. She was the person who first convinced me that I could sing a little, was there when I had crushes on some real losers, nursed me through my head-over-heels infatuation with a musician named Bill Johnson and all through our school years. She was so smart and so pretty and she was my friend.

When we both married, Jan moved to Alabama and I stayed in Memphis. We only see each other at class reunions now, for the most part. We don't talk as often as we would like, but when we do, it's as though we just spoke yesterday. We just pick right up where we left off.

There are only a few people who I don't see very often that I can do that with - Linda Gordon, Charlotte Gordon, Ron Gordon, Paula Payne, Janet Southards, Ida Bryant, Debbie Dennington, Grady Thurman, Linda Bain Ashton, Moochie Waldron, Joe Pittman, Emily Hill and Ro Campbell are the ones who come to mind. I consider myself very blessed to have these people in my life.

The new year is always a time for reflection. I vow to spend more time enjoying my friends in 2009.

Go hug someone you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tribute to Spring

A Little Wickedness

The doctor is in...