These are the last two tags I made for our River City Stampers' tag challenge. These were both so easy and will look great on gift bags. I plan to use these with solid color bags so that they will stand out.
Here's how I made them:
Small manilla tag (1 1/4" x 3")
Stamp Pads (Stampin'Up!® Pink Passion and Old Olive)
Viva Décor Pearl Pen (Ice White)
Embroidery Floss, Ivory
Green Ribbon, 8" (Offray)
Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
1. Sponge pink ink on tag. Sponge edges with olive green ink and stamp swirl in olive green.
2. Tie floss through buttons and adhere buttons to tag.
Note: This is one of my pet peeves. Buttons should have something to anchor them to the piece, otherwise they look as though you could pick up the tag and spill them everywhere. If you don't want to add floss, thread or string, at least draw a line between the holes with a marker. Now I'll get down from my soapbox!
3. Add Pearl Pen dots randomly.
4. Tie ribbon through tag hole using a Lark's head knot.
Double Flower Tag
Flower Stamp (Stampin'Up!®)
Big Brad (Bazzill)
Versamark Clear Embossing Ink
Platinum embossing powder
Pearl and Crystal wired embellishments
Fibers, two pieces, 8" each
Viva Décor Clear Gel
Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive
Note: This tag from my stash was colored with watercolor paints and allowed to dry.
1. Stamp swirl on tag with embossing ink,add silver powder and heat to melt. Stamp flower stamp with embossing ink on big brad, add silver powder and heat to melt. Be sure to hold the brad with a clothes pin or long tweezers to prevent burning your fingers.
2. Attach brad to flowers, wrap pearl and crystal embellishment wires around brad shaft and bend tabs to secure. Attach to tag with Beacon 3-in-i Adhesive.
3. Attach fibers through tag hole.
4. Use Viva Décor Clear Gel to add water drops to flower petals.
OK! I've posted my tags. Now it's your turn. Take some time this week to sit down and make a few tags, limiting your color palette to no more than three colors, preferably colors you rarely use. It will be a good exercise to get your thinking heading in a different direction and you'll have tags already made up for the perfect gift or scrapbook page embellishment.
Now go make a tag for someone you love!
I received product from Viva Décor and Beacon.