Welcome to another Sizzix Blog Hop, featuring the fabulous designs of Eileen Hull. This week's Scoreboard die is a vase with an enclosed bottom. You know I can't just make a vase. I have to have something over the top and I think this mask fits the occasion.
There are lots of other bloggers in this hop, so be sure to click on the Fresh Vintage Blog Hop button on the left to see some amazing creations.
I ran across this mask last week at Dollar Tree. It was originally deep red with gold glitter along the eyes and cheeks. A coat of Krylon Black Matte paint made it perfect for my project.
Here's how I made this:
Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Vase, 3-D (657125)
Sizzix Texture Plate
Viva Décor Inka Gold, Gold
Viva Décor Precious Metal Color, Silver
Viva Décor Glitter Liners, Red, Gold, Silver
Viva Décor Pearl pen, Ice White
Beaded Trim, 10"
Swarovski Crystal Beads and Pendant
Sookwang Crafters' Double Side Tape
Face Mask (Dollar Tree)
Krylon Matte Black Spray Paint
1. First, I painted the mask with black paint and set it aside to dry.
2. I cut two vases from chipboard with the die added texture to one with the texture plate and painted both with Precious Metal Color. When the vase/crown was dry,I rubbed Gold Inka Gold on the raised surface of the top piece. (You can add it to the second piece as well if you plan to actually use this mask the way it was intended and not just as home decor.)
3. I added Glitter Liners randomly to accent the texture, then outlined the crown with Ice White Pearl Pen.
4. I strung the beads on beading wire, then attached it to the top of the crown and anchored it in the center with beading wire.
5. I adhered the crown to the mask with double-stick tape.
6. I attached the beaded trim to the back of the mask with double stick tape, then added the feathers. I reinforced to adhesive with strips of masking tape to make sure nothing moved.
7. The only thing left to do was to add the Glitter Liners and Pearl Pens to the mask itself.
Now I'm ready for a night on the town!
I saw so many other items in my mind besides a vase with this die. I'll be posting some more projects soon, so be sure to check back.
Note: I received product from Sizzix and Viva Décor.